Saturday, September 5, 2009

Welcome Back!!! 
So the deal is surgery on Tuesday, September 8th at 6am in my adopted city of Seattle, in my second home, the hospital of UWMC.
Keith will be posting and keep ya'll updated until I come back to this planet after surgery and all the crazy drugs.
If you haven't read the email, or did not receive it, I am having surgery to fix my herniated liver. My liver is herniating through my diaphragm, and has been causing me serious pain for the past few months. This surgery is to put my liver back where it belongs, patch up my diaphragm, and hopefully alleviate the pain I have been having.
I sincerely apologize for having let the blog die, after all of the support you all have given me and my parents you deserve to be kept updated.
I love you all, and thank you for all you have done for me and my folks through this epic journey of transplant.
-emily

9 comments:

  1. Love you Emily, Keith, and Peg - thinking of you all!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you emily, and are sending you and your family love, strength, and hugs from Honduras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, em. I'm sure you'll see the bright light coming at you from Detroit this weekend. Love you, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. with you in heart and mind w/ this next chapter, em et. al. love, bobby and carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily,Peg and Keith, didn't get the invit until I went to work Friday sorry to have missed it...Bob and I send our love and best wishes that soon this too will be just a memory. You guys are champs! love and kisses, Gay and Bob Jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily,Keith,Peg,
    So glad you're able to deal with this problem & get it behind you. I hope & pray that the restored diaphragm & liver will also releive the pain. We're with you all the way, Emily!!
    Clark & Kathy Reisinger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily and family: all your poodlettes are sending you strength and healing for this next ordeal. Your little body sure takes a beating--you are one of the most amazing people I know. Okay, I take it back, THE most amazing person I know. I am praying for a stronger than average, knock your socks off diaphragm for you.........be strong

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, with all my heart I'll be with you in spirit tomorrow during this surgery. I just know that your brave decision to go forward with this surgery will lead to more blessings and freedom of body and spirit for you. I've got friends in Chile, the Philippines, Italy, Ethiopa, Pennsylvania, NJ, NY, and Illinois all praying for you. Oh, and Donna and Kristen from Whidbey Island send their love and prayers also. Be well soon, dear Niece! Love, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Em, Sorry to hear that you have to jump yet another hurdle but I know you'll sail right over it. Thanks for reviving the blog to keep us all posted - I can't wait to hear about the mystical creatures that visit you this time. ;) I'm sending lots of healing thoughts and hugs your way!
    - Anna

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a profile, you can choose Name/URL and just type in your name. Or choose anonymous and sign your name at the end of your comment.